5/21 – Sat 10am – 2pm
5/22 – Sun 2pm – 6pm
This is a two day course. We will learn fundamentals on the first day and build upon those skills on day two of the training.
Where: Aikido Academy of Self Defense – 11 N. Pinellas Ave., Tarpon Springs.
Pre-Requisite: None, course designed for beginners with little or no prior experience
Objective of Course:
To familiarize the novice with basic self defense skill sets in a FUN and SAFE atmosphere. Topics will include but are not limited to the following:
1. Basic stances that use body weight distribution to the defenders advantage
2. Finding your center and breaking attackers center
3. Basic understanding on how to take a fall
4. Utilizing body mechanics to escape basic wrist grips
5. Basic striking methodology that anyone can do
6. Using pressure points to facilitate escape
7. Choke and Bear Hug defense
8. Utilizing an attackers energy against them
9. Manipulating joints for effective defense
10. Using leverage to throw an attacker
Participants will be highly active throughout the course and should wear clothing that is
comfortable and allows free range of movement.
Limited to 25 participants.
Proudly presented by Aikido Academy of Self Defense and Snap Fitness of Tarpon Springs